Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Skyler's Birthday- The big 5!

Well, drat! No matter how hard I try, they just keep growing up! Skyler is officially 5 years old now and he couldn't be happier! He has been showing me all morning just how big he is now that he is 5! He says that he is much taller, his shoes are tighter, his clothes hardly fit, etc. He makes me laugh! Ofcourse I bought him some new bigger boy clothes for his birthday to help with that problem, but he wasn't so interested in those. He opened the package and promptly threw it at me while grabbing for another "cooler" present. Oh well, I thought he would like the Dinosaur hoodie I found. I, at least, was quite proud of myself! Look at the disappointment on his face!


Kyle likes to take random pics of me.Skyler chose to have corndogs and french fries from Barry's for his birthday lunch! It was difficult to get him to eat though, because the presents were too tempting!Skyler chose to go to Jumpin Jacks for his birthday celebration. So we went as a family, and I am not sure who had more fun, the boys....or the biggest boy!
Here is Skyler mid front flip. He was using his hands at first and so we told him to try just flipping without using his hands and he just went for it and did it!
Skyler chose to have a dinosaur party (I know, shocking, right?) with his friends. He is really excited for it! He has been showing people for weeks his dinosaur stuff for the party, ie. paper plates, cups, napkins, etc :) So here we are with his dinosaur cake! It looked a lot better when I was imagining it in my head, but it turned out pretty good. Skyler liked it! We had tons of fun with his friends!

It took Skyler tons of tries to blow out the candles, which according to his cousin Jaden, means that he has like a million girlfriends now (snicker, snicker)!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Barlow said...

Adorable! You look absolutely amazing! You haven't changed at all. Your boys are so cute. Can you believe you have a 5 year old? Julie, we are getting old! Yikes. Love you.
becca

Melissa O said...

That picture of you is so cute. Your hair looks fabulous. Skyler is so stinkin cute. Happy Birthday

Jaime and Brent said...

Julie your hair cut is so cute. I can't remember if it was cut like that last time I saw you but it looks great.