Thursday, November 13, 2008

So much has happened!

Ok, so our lives have been kinda turned upside down lately and there has been so much going on and so much to write about on the blog, that I have been avoiding it. But here is the scoop...we moved! In a matter of about 3 weeks we decided to consider moving, the decided to move and moved! Yes, we left my beautiful home in Spanish Fork to move up to Layton. It was an incredibly hard decision for us. We absolutely loved living down there. We met some of the most amazing people and are still very sad to leave both our friends and family behind. I especially hate moving away from my brother and his family! But it was right for us and since we have been up here in Layton, UT it has been great. We now live only 2 miles away from Kyle's work! So we cut his commute down from about 85 miles one way to 2 miles one way! It is great for us to be together more as a family. The home that we moved into is wonderful and we are grateful that we found something so nice. Our neighborhood has been extremely welcoming as well. So, as hard as it is to leave behind everything down in Spanish Fork, I know that we are supposed to be here and we will love it here as well.

So, all of that means that I am spending each day trying to unload more boxes! The house is finally in "working order" and we can even pull one car into the garage, but there is still tons to do! Once I have it decorated and looking a little better I will post some pics of our new house!

Also, here are some pics from Halloween! The boys were both adorable! Skyler was a pirate and Ethan told everyone that he was Lightning McQueen! The boys didn't last very long during the actual trick-or-treating part. We just went down to the end of our (new) street and then back the other side and Skyler announced that he was done (I wasn't complaining)! Then the boys spent the rest of the time having fun eating candy and handing it out to kids as they came by! Kyle and I also dressed up and sat out in front of our house so that we could meet some people from our new neighborhood and we did!
This is Skyler's pumpkin that he drew and then (with the help of an awesome daddy) carved out. Ofcourse, he drew a dinosaur! And below is a pic of it lit up!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! Layton is such a move for 3 weeks' time! I hope you get everything settled like you want. What a wonderful thing to have Daddy home more. You will love it =) You'll have to hook up with Aaron & Kiri - They moved in last week up there =) Your boys' costumes are so adorable!

Kalei said...

The boys look great in their costumes! It looks like they had lots of fun. I'm glad that the move went well and we wish you the best of luck in your new place. :-)

Sharla said...

Wow a move, that is big. Glad all is well even though it was fast. The halloween costumes are great!

Melissa O said...

Ok so we seriously miss you guys down here. What am I going to do without Skyler's cute little comments in primary. It just doesn't seem the same. This blog is going to keep us updated on your life. Please keep in touch.

Jennifer Miller said...

Hey Julie, this is your long lost cousin!! It was fun to see pictures of your boys, I dont think I have seen them before! Isnt that terrible!!!! Hope you are happy in Layton!
jennisbenz@hotmail.com

Jami said...

We miss you guys! YW is not the same without you! Hope everything is well! I'm glad we have this to keep in touch! Can't wait to see pics of your new house!

David and Jana said...

Hey! That's awesome!! 3 weeks. Wow! Congratulations! I hope it's everything you wanted! It's soooo worth it to have your husband around the house and not in the car!! We did the hour commute for 4 years Enough! :) Can't wait to see your new house!

Brianna E. said...

I hope Layton is treating you well. By the way- do you know what ward are you in? I'll have to look you up when I'm up visiting my family. Be sure to keep in touch- we miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Dang. We miss you guys. It sounds like things are going well. I'm glad. Thank goodness for blogs, email etc.