Friday, March 7, 2008




So, our Valentine's Day was especially exciting, I bet everyone would be jealous! We woke up at 11:30pm to the fire alarms blaring! Kyle jumped out of bed and ran out of the room and I heard him yell "Oh, shoot!" I ran out as well and instead of finding a fire, there was an inch and a half of water on the floor! The pipes in our half bath sink on the main floor came out of their fasteners and were spraying water everywhere. So, here is the damage. All of our flooring in the main floor except for in our bedroom was damaged and had to be torn up. (My beautiful hard wood flooring is gone!) Every room except for one in our basement was damaged. The damage includes the drywall, closet shelves, baseboards, casings, carpet and pads, etc. We lived in a tornado for 5 days while the clean up crew came and tore everything apart and put in huge fans to dry everything out. This was the time that we were really wishing we hadn't finished the basement!


1 comment:

Melissa O said...

I would die!!!! I hope all is coming around. But we know how the lovely insurance guys drag their feet. Good luck!!!